Saturday, May 2, 2020

The Komori Legacy: Generation One | Chapter 2: Part 1 Kids Galore



Welcome back! When we last left off, Rae had married her college sweetheart, Alejandro Hutchins and had the first baby of the second generation, Cetus, named for the constellation of the sea monster, or whale in modern terms. At the end of the last chapter, Rae discovered that she was pregnant with her second child, which is where we continue now.

Rae wanted to go downtown, as she was feeling all pent up from being inside all day. She decided to go clothes shopping.

Rae: Just because I'm poor does not mean I have to go around looking like a bum.

You're far from poor Rae. In fact, you're better off than most other Founders. Besides, you're not a Fortune Sim anymore. So, you shouldn't care.


Rae ended up buying a new everyday outfit and paid the cashier. 

Rae: Hey, you're really cute and would throw some interesting genetics. Want to marry my son?

Rae, stop trying to set up your infant son with girls. By the way, this was all before the neighborhood got corrupted. She doesn't exist in the new hood. 


Rae meets Angela Pleasant, who is sporting one of my favourite Maxis Teen outfits. I think I even have the conversion for adults. Going to try and proposition her too?

Rae: No way. Her family is nothing, but drama. 

Too true, even though I like the Pleasant family, especially Lilith. Maybe I'll play them at some point as a separate thing.


Rae also meets this kid, whose name I can't remember. Can you tell how good I am with writing down names, yet?


She seems a little confused by him. She went home not long after that, as she was uncomfortable and needed something to eat.


When she got home, a certain someone was waiting for her. 

Alejandro: He's been fussing ever since you left.

Rae: Sounds about right. I predict a few mean points in this one. 


Once Cetus was settled into his crib for a nap, Rae took advantage of the silence and grabbed herself a leftover bowl of chili. Although, I'm not sure how good chili really is for pregnant mothers. 


Rae: Ah, I'm so glad that this is going to be my final child. 

Haha...you say that now, Rae. 

Rae: Wait, what?

Nothing.


Soon after finishing with her bubble bath, Rae felt those first signs of contractions.

Rae: Why does this one hurt even worse?!

Just remember to breathe and it'll all be over in a few minutes. 


Rae soon held her little girl in her hands. 

She's so adorable. What are you going to name her?

Rae: I think Aquila.

Like the eagle constellation? 

Rae: I think it's a beautiful name for a girl.

It is, and so unique!


Rae got Aquila settled into the nursery, in a crib identical to her brother's. 

Rae: How am I going to take care of two infants? Cetus is a handful on his own.

Don't worry, I think Cetus will grow up tomorrow. 


Alejandro got home from work with a Promotion. Go inside and meet your daughter.

Alejandro: You don't have to tell me twice, Creator.


Cetus had a dirty diaper, which Alejandro changed when he got into the nursery, while Rae answered a call from one of her college buddies. 

Rae: I swear, I looked like a sumo-wrestler! Two kids is more than enough for me. 

Poor Rae, if only she knew what was in store for her.


Rae left the room to use the bathroom and Alejandro peaked in on his little girl.

Alejandro: She has my eyes. She's going to be so beautiful when she gets older.

As someone who has played ahead up to their teen years, I can say for certain that Aquila is one of the most beautiful sims I've ever had born in game. 


Aquila started to get fussy, so Alejandro was the first one to feed her. 

Alejandro: Drink up, princess. Daddy will make sure that nothing bad ever happens to you. 


Alejandro: I've never raised a little girl before. They're so different from boys and not just in the physical sense. I hardly know what I'm doing. 

You're also very tired, Alejandro. Just like with Cetus, raising Aquila will come naturally. Now why don't you go take a nap?


While Alejandro was napping, Rae's old college friend, Adam Bartlett came over and the two of them talked over a game of chess.

Adam: Motherhood looks good on you, Rae.

Rae: Are you flirting with me, Adam? You know I'm happily married.

Adam: What can I say? To a lot of the guys in college, you're a total milf. 

Rae: I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or be insulted. 


Oi! Get back here with our newspaper! Seriously, this family has had their newspaper stolen more times than any of my other families I've played in the past. 


Alejandro soon awoke from his nap and came into the dining room to find his wife with one of their old college dormies. 

Alejandro: You know it's getting pretty late. Adam should probably leave.

Rae: Oops, you're right. 


Adam gave Rae a hug as soon as he got up from the chair. 

Adam: I totally had a crush on you in college. 

Rae: Hush, my husband's right behind you.

Alejandro: My seven body points trumps your three, Adam. 


Alejandro sat down to set up the chess board again, only to look up and find Rae staring at him.

Alejandro: What?

Rae: You know he called me a milf.

Alejandro: Well then...does this make me a dilf?

Rae: Not funny. I'm going to go prepare dinner.


Rae: Hey, Creator?

Yeah, Rae?

Rae: I know you said not to worry about the whole heirship thing, since Cetus automatically inherits being firstborn, but what if Aquila is also interested?

We'll cross that road when we come to it. But I don't think you have anything to worry about. Given what Aquila's aspiration is going to be, she'll be a much better spare than an heir.


Don't you guys have any sense of decency?

Rae: We do, but he really has to go and I'm not about to get out of the tub.

I mean, my partner will sometimes come into the bathroom to brush his hair or get something while I'm in the shower and vice versa. But we both draw the line at using the bathroom in front of each other.


Rae: I just love making our creator uncomfortable, don't you.

Alejandro: Sweetie, I'm way ahead of you. Wanna make out in the bathroom for about an hour?

Gah! Go do something else, you two!


Rae: Killjoy.

I know you two love each other, but you have other responsibilities. Like your two kids, who are crying right now.

Rae: I'm very responsible! I take care of Aquila and Cetus all the time!

Oh, really?


You mean like this?

Rae: It's not my fault she stinks very badly.

Please pick up your child. I expect this from a majority of Romance sims. But Knowledge sims are supposed to be good parents.

Rae: Pleasure secondary, remember?

Don't remind me.


Alejandro thought that he should help around the house and sat down to study how to clean properly. 

Alejandro: Wow, who knew how much a sponge could really do. It's not just for dishes.

Yes, imagine that.


This picture is to just show that Cetus is one of the fussiest toddlers I've ever had. He was just fed and changed literally two seconds ago and is still crying. I had Rae come in and cuddle him and after that he started crying again. He keeps poor Aquila awake as well. 


Finally, it was Cetus' birthday and Rae was practically bouncing with joy as she prepared pancakes. 

Rae: This means no more diapers!

Slow down, sister. He still needs to be potty trained before you can say that.


Before it was time to age Cetus up, Rae spent a little while working on a painting.


Soon, it was time to blow out the candles. The family decided to have a small, quiet celebration with just the household. 


He's a cutie! He grew up with a decent hair and toddler outfit. So, I decided to let him keep it. I hardly ever bother changing the toddler outfits, anyways.


He definitely looks a lot like his dad. Cetus here is an Aries with a personality of 5, 9, 7, 3, 3. So, inbetween neat and sloppy, very outgoing, active, more on the serious side. And it looks like he inherited Rae's mean streak. 


Rae: All right, little man. Mama has other stuff to do now. So, you're going to have to entertain yourself for awhile.


I think he'd rather have you entertain him. 

Rae: Well, we did buy a few children's books the other day. We might as well use them.


Rae: Okay, baby. Mama's gonna pick you out the perfect story.


Rae: And Prince Goopy lifted the fair Princess Sandy onto his steed and road with her to his castle where they both lived happily ever after. If by happily ever after, you mean constantly cheating on each other, then sure they'll be very happy. 

Well, at least Cetus seems to like it.


Rae decided that she had enough reading badly written children's stories and it was time to start teaching Cetus his toddler skills.

Rae: I'm tired of changing diapers, anyways.

Yeah, usually I try to teach my toddlers all three of the main skills, but if I could only choose one of them, I'd definitely go with potty training.


Rae: See? Just like this, it's easy!


Rae: You did it! You're so smart!


Realising her son was doing the 'potty' face, she took him to the bathroom to potty train him. 

Rae: Come on, you're almost there.

He didn't get it this time. He had just one little sliver to go, but finished before he could fulfill it.


Oh no! I don't know why this happened. He wasn't even hungry. But I should remember to delete the bottles. If there's a mod that makes sims throw them away, I'd really like to know.


Rae: Do you mind? I'm trying to potty train our son, over here. 

Alejandro: But he wants to play!

Rae: Fine, but if he poops, you're changing him.


Alejandro: Say Daddy, Cetus.

Cetus: Da...Da...

Alejandro: Almost. Try again, little man.

Cetus: Da...Daddy.

Alejandro: Very good! Now...say Mommy?

Cetus: ...


Alejandro stood up after finishing teaching his son to talk, only to get the shock of his life.

Alejandro: Rae! Your son is in here! 


Rae: So? He came out of me. He's seen all of this, already.

So vulgar, Rae.


Alejandro shook his head and turned to potty train Cetus.

Alejandro: Okay, let's see if we can't get this want of yours fulfilled. 

Since Cetus was already close, it only took a few seconds before he was successfully potty trained! 


That didn't stop Cetus from finding other ways to get dirty later. 

Rae: How can you even get to the crayons?

Cetus: Crayons are yummy!

Rae: I'll have to take your word for it.


Aquila aged up into a beautiful little girl with long blonde locks. I totally flaked and forgot about her birthday. But to be honest, it's easier to let sims age up on their own, sometimes.


Alejandro took Aquila into the bathroom where he pulled her hair into a ponytail.

Alejandro: There, now we can see your pretty face much better. 

Aquila is a Pisces like her father and her personality is 6, 5, 7, 3, 7. So she's a little more on the neater side, between shy and outgoing, very active, serious, and very nice.


The first thing Aquila did after she aged up and was given smart milk was go find her mother. 

Rae: Alej, you want to teach her how to walk and all that more than I do. You want to take over?


It didn't take much to persuade Alejandro and he soon took over teaching Aquila how to walk. 

Alejandro: That's my big girl! 


With Alejandro teaching Aquila everything, Rae could focus more on dinner. She wanted to try cooking a turkey.

Rae: Well, I've never cooked one before.

And my forgetful butt forgot to have them put it in the refrigerator as leftovers later and it went bad. Oops!


When left to her own devices, Aquila was able to entertain herself. She especially loved to draw and was showing signs of being a very creative child.


The parents had a few moments of peace. So, Alejandro summoned the genie for his wish. 

Rae: You should wish for something like a long life.

Genie: Yes, by all means. Cheat death as much as possible. That won't go wrong.

Alejandro: I'm going to wish for money. Cetus and Aquila will be needing their own rooms soon and we'll also need a second bathroom as well.


Now it was time to teach Aquila how to talk, but she was being much more difficult than her brother.

Alejandro: Please, Aquila? Just one little word?

I don't think she's into it. Don't worry though, she learned how to talk eventually.


Rae: I'm so happy that you were easy to teach to talk. 

Cetus: Read it again, Mommy!

Rae: Again? Well, okay.


Rae finally had a moment to change into her outfit that she'd gotten from the clothing store back when she was pregnant with Aquila. 

Rae: You mean you finally remembered that I had this sitting in my dresser.

....No?


Cetus and Aquila were pretty easy to keep happy and they skilled very fast. Although, Aquila likes chewing on the blocks way more than putting them in their holes.


Meanwhile, their parents like to be idiots and play catch in a thunderstorm. Don't come crying to me if you two get struck by lightning.

Rae: We're Knowledge sims, remember? That would be the best day ever for us.


Cetus and Aquila were very close and were always doing things like this. You can see the difference in their looks here too. Aquila's skintone is just a bit darker than Cetus'. She's also showing signs of having thicker lips, like her mom and a straighter nose, whereas Cetus' is more on the crooked side and sort of dips at the bridge.


Alejandro: What're you doing in mommy and daddy's room? You wanna play?

Cetus giggled and waved his arms as Alejandro tossed him up and down.


Rae really seemed to like being outside in the rain. You'd think with her being in the Medical Career, she'd know that this wasn't a good idea. Hope she doesn't get sick.


Before leaving for work, she came inside to pick up her son.

Rae: Wish mommy luck! Hopefully I'll come home with a promotion!

Cetus: Good luck, Mommy!

Rae: Thank you, baby!


It looks like the good luck wishing paid off and Rae came home that evening having achieved another LTW. Now I think she wants to be a Game Designer, but I can't remember.


The kids were down for naps. So, Rae and Alejandro took advantage of the peace and quiet to celebrate Rae's new promotion. 


Cetus decided to age up before I could get him a cake, but I can't be too mad at him because he's such a cutie! 


Rae and Alejandro's college buddy, Kari, came over and Cetus made an immediate beeline for her. 

Cetus: Did you really go to college with my parents?

Kari: You got that right, kid. I tell you, your parents were one of the hottest couples on campus.


Kari: Looks like they're still all over each other too.

Cetus: Yeah, they do that a lot. Dad makes a funny noise whenever Mom drums on his back like that.


Cetus: I also sometimes hear noises coming from their bedroom, like moaning. I think it might be ghosts!

Kari: Pffff, kid...that's definitely not ghosts.


As Kari was passing by to grab a can of juice, Rae punched her hard in the arm.

Kari: Ow! What was that for?

Rae: If my son wants to believe in ghosts, let him!


Cetus: Do we really have ghosts? Why do they like your room? I want them in my room!

Alejandro: Oh no, we've scarred our son.

Rae: Quiet, Alej.


Rae: The ghosts haunt mine and your dad's room because that's where they died. It's where they're most comfortable.

Alejandro: Oh. They don't scare you?

Rae: Nope! They're happy that we're using their old room. 


Soon, it was time for Kari to leave and she hugged Cetus.

Kari: See ya, squirt. I hope I get to see you again.

Honestly, if Cetus ends up with three bolts for her (or her counterpart, seeing as I'm in a different hood now), I'd be happy. 


Cetus: Dad, how come I can't see the ghosts?

Alejandro: They're very shy and don't come out for just anyone.

Cetus: I want to meet them though.

Alejandro: You probably will one day.

Whew! Maybe Rae and Alejandro should learn to keep more quiet in the bedroom. Anyways, this chapter is going to have to be split up into two parts because it's very long. The second part will be posted sometime later. It's four in the morning over here. I've played quite a bit ahead and the Gen 2 kids are all teens and about to go to college soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment