Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Komori Legacy: Generation One | Chapter 1



Welcome back! When we last lest off, Rae managed to make it through four boring years of college and has now moved back to Pleasantview, ready to start her life. But right now she'd rather watch the birds than turn around and see her new home.

Rae: I'm kind of scared to see the mess you built for me.


Oh, I don't think it turned out that bad. My building isn't the best, but with all that money she earned from being on the Dean's List constantly and other odd jobs she did, Rae was able to afford a fairly comfortable roof over her head. I won't give a tour since it's ugly as sin and has the ugliest, cheapest furniture, but at least she won't be lawn living for about a week and freezing her tush off. That's more than most other founders can say.


Rae: Yeah, still not going inside.

Oh come on! It's not that bad.


Rae: Hmmm...no Architecture. I guess I'll go for Politics. All that lying will at least get me a nice paycheck.

Rae, please. There are some things we just don't talk about.

    
Rae: As founder, I promise to give the future generations of this family a good name to live up to!

She's got this in the bag. She skills fast, she makes friends easily, despite her mean streak. She's really the dream founder.


Rae: I really wouldn't mind a new outfit, you know. 

I know, just bring home a paycheck or two and then I'll take you shopping.


The welcome wagon arrives, and it consists of John Burb, Nina Caliente, and Darren Dreamer, three of the best looking sims in town. Too bad they're playable and not eligible to marry the heirs.


Rae: So, your wife let you outside with that tie?

John: I might have put it on in the car. 


Nina shows off her mean side by poking at Darren a little bit.


Poor guy. If only Cassandra would notice him and not that nasty Don Lothario. By the way, I actually really like Don and find him entertaining. I just don't like him and Cassandra together.


Nina: Mmmm, Darren Dreamer! You are a real man!

I think Nina has a bit of a thing for sissy men.

And it looks like John and Rae are becoming the best of friends. /sarcasm


Hey hey, what's going on now? 

Rae: He told me that I was overrated and that all of us legacy families ever do is take over everything and mess everything up!

Ah, yeah. Most Maxis premades don't like CAS sims, especially the Pleasantview lot. I'm sure he'll come around.

  
Nina really decided to go after the two guys without any mercy. Maybe she just doesn't like certain types? Or maybe she's just mean.


Aren't you going to do something about this, Rae?

Rae: Nah, I'm not getting in the middle of it. 


Rae: Oh, I know she's not making that face at me! Girl doesn't know!

Okay, just ask everyone to leave before there's some wig snatching going on.


After that disaster of a meeting with her new neighbors, Rae called up Alejandro.

Rae: Everyone is crazy over here, babe! You sure you want to come live with me?

Alejandro: Hey, at least we'll be able to endure the craziness together.

Awww!


Rae accumulated a lot of Lifetime Points and was rewarded with the Magic Lamp at some point! I don't consider this cheating, since she earned it fair and square and there are definitely no rules against using it.


Purple Genie: Well, Ali Baba had them forty thieves, 
Scheherezad-ie had a thousand tales--

Rae: As much as I do enjoy a Disney Classic, can I have my wishes now?

  
Purple Genie: Oh, it's one of you legacy sims. What do you want? *grumbles* Ruining my cover like that.

Rae: Why did I have to get a genie with an attitude? Anyways, I wish for money.

Purple Genie: Big surprise there. Right, better stand clear!


Purple Genie: Ah yeah, still got it! Now I'm guessing you want two more bags of that?

Rae: Nah, I'll save the second and third wishes for my husband and future kid.

Purple Genie: How considerate of you. I'm outtie!


Rae ended up finding a job in Artist instead, which would give her a bigger paycheck at the end of the day.


Rae: I'm Rae, and you are?

Cab-driver: Not getting paid enough for this.


Not long after, Rae finally got a job in Architecture at level nine, thanks to having all of the skills and friends needed.


First day at work was a little rough and Rae was definitely feeling it. You okay there?


She even slept right through these two strays fighting. Or maybe she did hear it and just didn't care.


Poor kitty! Bad doggy! Bad, bad doggy!


Rae: Ugh, please tell me this didn't happen? 

It did, but don't worry, I'm not scoring this, so feel free to pass out wherever you want!


Oh, don't you even think about it! Do you really think she's going to give you a treat after the way you treated that poor cat?


What the...Rae!

Rae: Oh, don't act like you wouldn't do it too. Besides, I didn't see anything.

Sad thing is, she's probably right. I'm kind of a bleeding heart for dogs.


Not to feel left out, Kim began begging too. If it wasn't such a pain to adopt strays, I'd definitely make her a part of the family.


Baron definitely didn't like that one bit.


In fact, he turned around and huffily trotted right off the lot. Kim did too. I'll eventually get a pet for the family, but probably not until Rae finishes having all of her kids.


Rae called up one of her old college buddies. 

Rae: I'm living in a shack, I'm wearing ugly green clothes, and I'm in a constant state of discomfort! But other than that, I'm having a blast!


Rae managed to buy herself a new outfit and settled down on the couch for a much needed nap.


Rae had the next few days off of work and spent them earning a few more skills and basically doing a lot of nothing, since she couldn't afford to go anywhere. The first generation really is the most boring.

Rae: That's what you get for playing on Speed 3. 


Rae managed to reach Permaplat after her second day of work! As if it's any surprise.

Rae: Yeah, but now I want to be Chief of Staff!


Rae managed to get a job in the Medical Career at around level eight, I think.

Rae: You also forgot to take that posebox out of the shot.

Shhhhh! Maybe my readers won't notice. 

...Right?


After work, Rae decided that she was already tired of living alone and decided to call Alejandro.

Rae: Come over.

Alejandro: I cannot, I'm so far away.

Rae: I'm home alone.

*Sound of intense running and heavy rock music from down the street*


Alejandro: Hey, Rae-- Mmmrph!


Rae: Sorry, you have no idea how bored I've been without you!

Alejandro: You don't have to be bored anymore.

Awww! I really love these two. You're going to hear me say that a lot.


Alejandro: Hey, not bad!

Rae: You're just lucky the creator is such a bad picture taker and didn't get a picture of you in your original everyday wear under there.

Oi!


Alejandro: We should get married right here. I don't need some big fancy wedding.

Rae: Oh, Alej, you have such a way with words!

Just as well, they can't really afford anything fancy.


They exchanged their vows right in front of their cozy little house. Alejandro brought around 11,000 into the family. Great job! And they were able to afford some renovations. 


They couldn't afford a proper honeymoon, but at least they got a brand new and much more comfortable bed out of the deal.


Rae: So, look...I won't lie to you, I'm expected to have a lot of babies. You sure you won't mind? I mean, neither of us are Family Sims.

Alej: It won't be that bad. We only have to have an heir and a spare, right? Two babies aren't that bad.

 
Rae: If you're sure. I wouldn't want you going insane from all the smelly diapers and bottles.

Alej: My other counterparts in other worlds marry into legacies all the time. I think I got this.


Rae: I do love a man with confidence. Now, get over here.

I think I'll leave these two alone for awhile.


Rae: Ugh, I don't feel so well. 

Alej: You okay, hun?

Rae: Yeah, just bathroom.


Rae: Ugh, already? I thought it would at least be a little while before I started feeling symptoms.

You need anything?

Rae: No, just help me back to bed.

By the way, for anyone who might be curious as to why she's getting sick so quick. I have a mod that gives sims shorter pregnancies. So, from the moment they get their first baby bump, it's 18 hours until the baby's born, instead of 72. I always felt like that was way too long to wait for a baby and it's also hard to keep the sim's needs up for that long when they're pregnant too.


Alej: The sickness will pass.

Rae: Hmm...it better, because next time you're holding my hair.

Alej: *Chuckles* I look forward to it.


Rae: At least I don't have any weird cravings.

Give it time.


I should properly introduce Alejandro while he cheers for his new hairstyle.

Alejandro Komori (nee) Hutchins is a Knowledge Sim with Popularity Secondary. His LTW is to become the Education Minister. His turn ons are Stinky Hardworkers and his Turn off is Mechanics. He's a Pisces and he's kind of balanced between sloppy and neat (5), He's a little more on the shy side (3), He's very active (7), He's very serious (3) and he's super nice (7). Overall, he has a pretty balanced personality.


Alej: I should help Rae out with the housework. She needs to rest as much as she can with the baby coming.

I bet you're excited, huh? Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

Alej: Does it really matter?

No, no it does not.


Rae: Ahhhh, this feels amazing. It's like all the bubbles are absorbing my troubles.


Rae: Ugh, I thought I was over the morning sickness.


Rae: Oh, so that happened. Kinda feels weird.


How're you really feeling?

Rae: I don't want to do this! I'm scared! 

Rae, calm down. I promise, it won't be that bad. 

Rae: But Alejandro rolls a want to have even more babies after two!

I don't think he will, but I'll talk to him. Besides, Founders rarely have more than two, anyways, unless it's an Alphabet Challenge.


Hey, Alej? Oh, there you are!

Alej: What's up?

Rae's freaking out a bit. I think she's worried about the whole baby thing. I'm pretty sure it's the pregnancy hormones talking, though. But she's worried that you might want to have ten kids or something.

Alej: What? Whatever gave her that idea? I told her that two would be enough for me. Three at a stretch, but only if we both really want it.

I'm sure she'll calm down a bit once she has a her first one.


First day of work, eh? Good luck, Mr. Komori!

Alej: Hehe, thanks!


Alej came home after work at around three and brought home one of his coworkers, a Rebekah something. 


Alej really admires her. He'd never try to cheat on Rae, though. 


Not that she thinks he's much to look at, anyways.


Because Alej got a promotion, he went back to work soon afterwards, with Rebekah waving goodbye.


Alej had told her she could go inside and meet his wife, so that's what Rebekah did.

Rebekah: Are you Rae?

Rae: Mmmrph! Gimme a sec. 


Rebekah: Wow, this house is much nicer than I thought. I could have sworn all first Generation Legacy sims lived in wooden shacks with ugly dirt floors and no wallpaper.


Rae: What can I say? College really helped!


Rebekah wanted to go somewhere, but Rae wasn't up to it. The two of them spent a little time together, hanging out, and Rae even taught her a few recipes. 


Soon after Rebekah left, Rae ended up with her second baby bump on the way to the bathroom. You look like you're feeling a lot better!

Rae: Yup, I guess I was just having pregnancy hormones earlier.

I could've told you that.


Rae: I should cook my husband something good for dinner. He had to go to work twice today.

Plus everyone loves chili!


Alej: Thanks for the dinner, babe. 

Rae: Mmm, no problem. Sleep time, now.


Sleep time didn't last very long before Rae felt her first contractions.

Rae: Owww! I didn't think it would hurt this much!

Just breathe, Rae. Alej, wake up!


Alej: Gah, I'm awake! I'm awake!


Rae: Argh! This is the worst pain in the world!

Alej: Just stay calm, babe. Remember your breathing.


But all that screaming was worth it when Rae finally saw her new baby.


Say hello to our heir for Generation Two! I've decided to name this generation after constellations. This little blonde-haired, green-eyed boy is Cetus. Cetus is located in the region of the sky that has other water-based constellations such as Aquarius, Pisces, and Eridanus. In Greek Mythology, Cetus was the sea monster that Perseus and Heracles were tasked to slay. Today, it's based on the whale. At least, this is all according to Wikipedia.


Rae: Alej, get out of the bathroom and meet your son.

Alej: He's beautiful. He looks like both of us.

Rae: We'll see. I'm willing to bet he looks the most like you.


Alej got his son settled into his new nursery. It was decorated a nice green, as they wanted unisex colours to that boys and girls could both share it.


A refrigerator was put into the nursery as well so the parents didn't have to leave the room to feed Cetus. Alej just can't seem to put his son down.


Rae adapts to motherhood pretty well and definitely doesn't shy away from diapers.

Rae: Who's got a stinky bumbum?


Rae, the baby doesn't go there.

Rae: He's fine. The carpet's nice and soft.


Rae: Wow, you eat a lot, don't you? Didn't I just feed you two hours ago? 


What the...Rae! Pick your son up right now!

Rae: Ugh, fine! Slave driver.

Rae isn't a bad mum, actually. She just gets distracted easily.


Rae was able to afford a Flower-Arranging Bench and got started making a few bouquets. Hopefully there would be a Snapdragon in every room soon enough.


Rae: So, I know we just had Cetus, but I think we should go ahead and try for the next one now. I kind of want our kids to be close in age so that they can grow up together and go to college together.

Alej: If you're sure, then I'm sure.


Rae: I don't think it happened...

Alej: No one ever said that it had to happen on the first try. Doesn't mean we can't try other places. 

Rae: Hehe, are you thinking what I'm thinking?


Alej: Oh, so this is what you were thinking?

Rae: It's about time we broke this couch in, anyways.


Rae: You know, I'm not sure if I heard anything. Maybe we could have another go? You know you wanna.

Alej: I'd love to, but I really need some sleep. I have an early day at work, tomorrow.


Rae: You work so hard. You should get some sleep. I'll take care of the dishes and Cetus.


It looks like the couch woohoo worked, didn't it?

Rae: Please don't talk to me. 


Looks like baby number two is going to be making an appearance soon! I'm kinda hoping for a girl this time as I have a few cute constellation names for girls. 


Rae: You're going to be a big brother! We might have to expand the house again.

Don't worry, I plan to. We'll definitely need a second bathroom and possibly a third bedroom. 


Alej expressed his joy at Rae having another baby. Hope he doesn't break her back!

That's it for this chapter! It was slightly longer than my last one. I can't wait to see what Cetus looks like when he ages and for the birth of the second baby. I plan on them only having two kids this generation, unless one of them rolls the want for a third, but hopefully not. Until then, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment