Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Komori Legacy: Generation One Chapter 4: A New Home


Hey, everyone! It feels like it's been ages. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this. In my spare time, I've been playing a bit ahead. Actually, a few of the Gen 3 kids have already been born. So, I figured I had better get started on another chapter before I get TOO far ahead.


I let the family do what they wanted while I built them a new house. Not that they had much choice, since they were frozen the entire time. 

Rae: You know she's totally not showing pictures because of her terrible building skills. 

Yup, you're forced to live in this big clunky house with its unnecessarily large rooms for the next few generations, until I get bored and try to find one online because I'm too lazy to build another one. But you and Alejandro will probably be long dead before that happens. 


At least SOME people were more appreciative.

Cetus: I kind of like the new house. It's big and spacious and the colouring in each room is very nice.

Thank you, Cetus! I knew there had to be a reason I made you heir!


Aquila: It is pretty nice. She could have done a better job on the roof, though.

Yeah, well...I tried with the roof, but the tool wouldn't cooperate and the auto-roof feature wouldn't work. So, take what you can get. Usually Gen 2 kids don't have houses as nice as these. Be happy your parents went to college and got good paying jobs.


Aquila and Draco are as close as ever and the little tyke constantly goes after her for a story, even if it's not bedtime.

Draco: Do you think we'll have to move again?

Aquila: I don't know. I hope not. 

I hope not either. Going through SimPE and editing relationships and other stuff is a pain. Imagine if I had to do it during Generation 7 or 8. I probably just jinxed myself.


Cetus works hard to earn enough skill points to be able to get enough scholarships for college. I think he's at level five or six with Body right here. It helps that his one true hobby is fitness.


By the time I had finished building the house, the family had around 20k left. Rae did a little working online to earn a bit of extra money, as she didn't start work for awhile.


Aquila took advantage of one of the empty bathrooms (the family has three) and used it to practice her charisma.

Aquila: I will find a boyfriend, I will find a boyfriend, I will find a boyfriend.

Eh, I guess chanting to yourself in the mirror also counts? Too bad it never worked for me when I was 14.


The welcome wagon came by in the form of Gabriel Green, Samantha Cordial, and the old guy with the overalls whose name I can't remember. 


Aww, Aquila. Look how nice you are, fixing lunch for your family and guests!

Aquila: Pffft, this is just for the family. Our guests can get McDonald's or something if they're that hungry. Plus, maybe I can get out of doing the dishes tonight if I fix lunch.

Ah, ulterior motives. Got it, got it.


The guests were too busy with the pool table, anyways to really care about the sandwiches, but that meant leftovers for the family, later.



Draco: Hey, Mum. You think I could skip school tomorrow? I want to help around the garden.

Rae: You know I can't let you do that. Your education is very important. You do want to go to college, don't you?

Draco: Awww, but Mum! I won't know anybody. Why couldn't we have stayed at the old school? I had lots of friends there.

Rae: It's too far of a commute. Besides, this school is just as good. Besides, how can you make new friends if you miss out on school? 

Draco: It's called online chatting, Mum. Geez, I'm only 10 and even I know that.

Rae: *chuckles* Well, nice to see you get your sassiness from me. But you're still going to school tomorrow.


I had built an upstairs area where all the work benches and other reward items were put. Aquila got started on working on a few toys, but quickly gravitated towards Robotics as I really wanted a Servo and she wanted the badge.


I heard the sounds of two people falling in love and scurried downstairs to watch Samantha and Gabriel with their hands all over each other. I already knew that there was the chance of them falling in love autonomously. So, it wasn't surprising. Luckily, they stuck to just kissing most of the time and probably saved the more saucy stuff for when they were on another lot.


Cetus came home from work with a promotion to the top of the Teen Culinary Career and headed straight for the pool table. My teens rarely ever get the Billiards Scholarship, but I'm definitely going to try with this family, at least most of the sims.


*Sigh* Looks like we can't escape the newspaper thieves. Not like the family ever uses it, anyways. Maybe if I decide to do a "Behind the Times" kind of challenge, this would be more annoying.


Cetus came home from school a few days later with an A! I love this interaction, but should really download that mod where children and teens stop the cheering after the first time.


A few friends also came home with Cetus and Aquila today. I don't remember their names, but they're not too important. Just two faces added to the friend pool for promotions. Plus, neither of the teens has any bolts for them. Good thing too, because I'm trying to avoid a blonde haired spouse, at least for Cetus.


Sims needs in the Sims 2 go down super fast. So, the family needed snap dragons, which is what Rae is working on here. Aquila is working on some robotic thingamajig. 


But inbetween being parents and working, these two still find time for each other and are still in love after all these years. They'll end up getting old in the next chapter and I'm definitely not looking forward to it.


Cetus and Aquila didn't have any homework, since they had finished it and they were pretty well caught up on their skills. Playing pool was the best activity to do together. 


Aquila tried making friends with this girl (I want to say her name's Chloe), but all this evil wench did was bully her for no reason. Yeah, she is definitely never marrying in.


 At this point, I really, really hated her for making Aquila cry. I swear, if we had a ladderless pool, this witch would totally be swimming in it right now. What makes it worse is that after Aquila calmed down, Chloe slapped her. *Sigh* If only there was a mod that let parents attack teens. Just for this situation, of course. She was asked to leave, afterwards.


Draco is obviously trying to cheer his sister up. But I just think he's being a little stinker.


Rae: You have any idea why your sister looked do sad earlier?

Cetus: It was because that Chloe girl kept picking on her and poking her for no reason.

Rae: *glares* I never liked that girl to begin with. If there wasn't the chance of me getting arrested, I'd feed her to the Sim State cowplant.


Rae managed to put her daughter's problems on the back burner for a bit to serenade her husband. 

Alejandro: Oh, honey. You put every yowling tom cat to shame. 

*Sniff* These two are so adorable.


I lost the portraits from the old neighborhood. So, Aquila and Cetus painted new ones for their parents.

Rae: You sure you don't want to talk about what happened with Chloe, sweetie?

Aquila: Nope. I decided that I'm just going to ignore her and not react. That's what she really wants. Plus the Creator promised me that she was going to fade into obscurity.

That's right. She's going to forever remain a townie, never to age up...not even on birthdays and eventually be forgotten.


Alejandro: I know you have a thing against hitting girls and I'm proud of you for that, son. But watch out for Aquila just in case that girl tries anything else.

Cetus: Aquila said that she's just going to ignore Chloe and not react to anything she does and I agree with her. I think it's best to ignore bullies because then they'll get bored and leave the victim alone.

Alejandro: I knew your mum and I raised you right.

I want to be serious for a moment and say that if you're being bullied, don't be afraid to tell someone. It can be your best friend, your partner (if you have one), someone in your family that you trust completely, your favourite teacher, etc. I know that this story is make believe, but bullying is very real. Also, if you suspect that someone you know is a victim of bullying, reach out to them. Because sometimes they might not be able to say so out loud. It helps to learn to read the signs. The sooner you can get help or help another person, the better off you and they will be.


Aquila was quite the Tinkerer and discovered that she really liked it. She was especially happy when the family received an old broken down car that needed fixing up.



Draco's worries about not being able to make new friends went unfounded, as he became quick friends with a young girl named Tina Chung.



He'd never admit it, at least not at his age. But he thought that she had the prettiest red hair, ever and she was very funny and nice. Not to mention, their birthdays were close together. So, they would be going to Jr. High together when it came time.


Cetus still hasn't found anyone he likes. While he's bi, he does lean a bit more towards guys. Little does he know that he's happily married in my game, already and has one kid with another one the way! 


I flaked again (big surprise) and Draco aged up into a fine teen! That dark hair and green eyes make for an irresistible combination. To him, Family was the most important thing and he really wanted nothing more than to see a few of his kids graduate from college. I don't remember what his Turn Ons and Turn offs are.


Tina also aged up into an adorable teen and it looks like she and Draco have bolts, like I'd been hoping. I'm not sure what her other information is at the moment. 


Tina came downstairs to play pool with the family and Cetus noticed that she was rather pretty, but also had a feeling that his brother liked her a lot. Not to mention, she was a little too young for him.

They only have one bolt. I like my couples to have two bolts at the very least. 


Aquila: Geez, I make food for the whole family and even Tina and no one comes to eat. What's wrong with everyone?

The allure of billiards, I guess. I'm terrible at it and don't play.


While I was queuing up some stuff for the rest of the family to do, I heard the "First Kiss" sound and panned over to see Tina autonomously kissing Draco! That was when I decided that they definitely belong together. 


Draco was the first one of his siblings to get their first kiss and he couldn't have been happier. But he knew better than to gloat.


She did draw the line at him caressing her cheek, which I thought was weird since she kissed him and then let him hug her close, but a cheek caress is a big no-no? I'll never understand sims logic, sometimes.


Aquila: You and Tina really like each other, don't you?

Draco: I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said yes.

Aquila: I can't believe you just turned thirteen and you already have someone. How was it so easy for you, but so hard for me and Cetus?

Draco: *shrugs* I dunno.

I don't know, either. My sister got her first boyfriend in Middle school and they were in an off and on relationship up until a little after she graduated. I was so glad when they broke up because I didn't like the way he treated her. She confided in me the most about it. I didn't get my first boyfriend until around 16.


Cetus and Draco became even closer when Draco became a teen. It must have been the fact that they both agreed that Family was very important. It's also pretty easy to see that the boys have different noses and aren't complete face clones of one another, thankfully.


Aquila got a high enough badge to build a Security Robot, which definitely did a good job in keeping the newspaper thieves away.


Rae: Just imagine all three of our kids going off to college and moving out on their own and we can retire to a nice little house in Takemizu Village and never have anymore responsibilities ever again. 

You do remember this is a legacy, right? And that your eldest will move back in after he graduates and have kids of his own, which you'll have to help care for. Sorry to say that your responsibilities aren't over until you're dead. I haven't decided what I'm going to do for spare households, yet.


Alejandro worked on the fixer upper car. He couldn't wait until the family had a ride, although he wasn't sure how it was going to fit so many people. 

The family will probably get a minivan too, eventually.


Tina came over the next day, specifically to see Aquila.

Tina: You're the prettiest and most popular girl in school, Aquila. Please, do you think I could get a makeover from you?

Aquila: Well, with my confidence completely bolstered, how can I say no?

You really can't.


Tina: You won't go too overboard, will you? 

Aquila: Relax and just trust me. I know what I'm doing.


*One Hour Later*

Tina: This is what you call subtle?

Aquila: Oops. Maybe I went too overboard on the eyeshadow?

Tina: Try overboard on the everything.

Aquila: Don't worry, this is easily fixable.


*One More Hour Later* 

Aquila: There now! Isn't that better?

Tina: I still look like me, too!

Aquila: Well, duh! You were already so pretty. All you needed was a bit of subtle make-up to highlight your features and you look much prettier with your hair down. 

Tina: I love it! I hope Draco likes it too.

Aquila: If he doesn't, you tell me and I'll sort him out.


The first thing Draco did when Tina came back downstairs was start up a game of Punch You-Punch Me with her. Because when a girl makes herself pretty for her boyfriend (or girlfriend), the first thing she wants is for her partner to punch her on the arm. That's true romance right there, that is.


Draco: You look really pretty.

Tina: You mean that?

Draco: If I thought you looked like you had been through a weed wacker, I would've said so.

Tina: Such a way with words.

Draco: I just don't want Aquila to hit me, that's all. 


Tina soon had to go home, but a few hours later, Draco got a call from her.

Tina: My parents are letting me go out tonight. Want to go to that Botanical Diner?

Draco: Sure, see you in...

Aquila: Tell her thirty just in case she wants to freshen up.

Draco: 30 minutes?

Tina: Sounds good! Oh and hi, Aquila! *giggles*

Draco: She says hi!


Draco couldn't stop staring at Tina once they were at the restaurant. She hadn't done anything to alter her appearance, but he couldn't help thinking that she was the prettiest girl he'd ever met.


Tina: What?

Draco: Just thinking that you're the prettiest girl I know, that's all.

Tina: *Caresses his hand* You're sweet, but there are much prettier girls.

Draco: Not like you. 


While waiting for their food to arrive, they flirted back and forth with each other, not even paying attention to anyone else.


Draco: This feels a little weird with no one else dancing.

Tina: At least the music is the right beat for this kind of dancing.



Draco quickly became more comfortable and was even daring enough to dip kiss her and was very proud of himself for not dropping her. The evening ended in a Dream Date.


Back at the main household, Cetus and Aquila had nothing else to do and the Alien Scholarship paid quite a bit. So, they did a little bit of stargazing.


The taxi dropped Draco off at his house first since his house was the closest and Tina was very generous in thanking him for the wonderful date. He made her promise to call once she was home safe.


Aquila was the first one to be chosen for a little probing, not that she was very happy about it.


A few hours later, Rae and Alejandro came outside, unimpressed by the loud noise that the UFO was making. 


Aquila landed in a less than dignified position, fully traumatised by the events and a little sore in a certain region.


Her parents had different reaction, ranging from laughing at the situation to cheering for her. It's what you get when you have two Knowledge parents.



Aquila: Argh! Why did this happen to me? Okay, Aquila, okay. Just don't think about it, pretend it never happened. Just think of that sweet scholarship money.

Some memories you just have to supress.


Aquila chose to supress her memories even more by playing some video games that didn't involve aliens. Pretty sure she'll never touch those games again.


Draco had a few years before he went off to college, but his parents both wanted him to gain scholarships as well. Luckily, he was a fast skiller like his older siblings. So, it came easy to him.


Cetus and Aquila worked towards their own scholarships as well. Mostly the ones that involved being good enough at billiards and dancing. 


Aquila was definitely the better dancer, though, especially when it came to the Smustle. I think she got the Dancing Scholarship first.


Aquila soon grew tired of dancing and went to practice a few trick shots. She chose to ignore her mum having a crazy moment on the couch. I did too.


But it was a lot harder to ignore her parents making out right in the middle of the living room.

Aquila: Come on! I have to walk through here everyday! Totally gross!


Cetus wanted to give the matchmaker one more try and forked over 5,000 simoleons to the scamming wench.


A young adult dropped from the sky. It was a little better than a full on adult, plus he had a face I really liked.




Unfortunately, all his wants were class or college related. So, the date didn't get any far and there was just no chemistry between them. He will definitely be considered for a spouse of future generations though. 

That's where I'll end this! After this will be the final chapter of this generation and then the college chapters, which are long and will probably need to be split up into three parts, two if I choose to edit out a few unwanted pictures.

Hope everyone enjoyed and until then, Happy Simming!

No comments:

Post a Comment